Will you be this year's champion scone butterer?
Here is how the competition works...
RULES FOR THE SCONE BUTTERING COMPETITION
- The competition is for teams of two.
- There are two tables setup.
- The competition is run in heats.
- Where there are an odd number of teams the last team will run off against the clock.
- All times are recorded
- The team that records the fastest time is the winner.
- At one end of the table are:
A metal tray
- A plastic knife
- A paper plate containing two scones.
- A tub of margarine.
- A roll of paper towels.
- A rubbish bin (located in between the two tables).
- The teams stand at the opposite end of the table.
- There are two time keepers, one for each team.
- There is a starter.
When the starter says “Go” the time keepers start their stop watches, and at the same time each team has to run to the opposite end of the table and;
- Cut each of the scones in half.
- Butter the bottom half of each scone.
- Pace the two halves of each scone together.
- Empty any crumbs on the tray into the rubbish bin and
Using the paper towels:
- wipe up any dropped margarine from the tray and the table and any crumbs from the table top.
- Wipe the knife clean.
- Once all the above actions are completed the plate with the scones is to be placed in the middle of the tray and the knife is to be placed on the tray to the left of the plate. The teams must then return to the other end of the table and stand at attention.
- The time keepers will not stop the watches until both members of the team they are timing are standing at attention.